-=-
Menu
Tournaments
Profile
Poll
Latest videos
Latest comments
2017-10-22: "Gauntlet is onl..." -MasterSven
2017-10-22: "Throw elmsuper ..." -Jelly Jam
2017-10-22: "WW is relativel..." -KRSplatinum
2017-10-22: "Or Epitome/ww/b..." -MasterSven
2017-10-22: "bblair/je???you..." -KRSplatinum
2017-10-22: "No bblair, no l..." -Jelly Jam
2017-10-21: "No Urbs, no win..." -MasterSven
2017-10-21: "Haha good job M..." -Slaz
2017-10-21: "haha, well play..." -[GpW]Urbs
2017-10-20: "CDF was on the ..." -Slaz
Latest matches
flag [CDF] [10:04] [GpW]flag
flag [GpW] [07:05] [CDF]flag
flag CX [09:02] -t3>flag
flag CC [13:06] [GpW]flag
flag [GpW] [06:03] [CDF]flag
flag CX [18:00] [GpW]flag
flag -t3> [07:06] [GpW]flag
flag -t3> [03:02] CXflag
flag CX [08:00] -t3>flag
flag -t3> [11:04] [GpW]flag
Latest forum posts
By: Jelly Jam, in: Who is the best Serbian player?!? « JJ2 related2017-11-20 03:18
lol welcome back xd
By: Ahmo, in: Who is the best Serbian player?!? « JJ2 related2017-11-20 01:43
Hordy Anyday !! also Arte with radar was hard to ...
By: DanZeal, in: 'Facing Worlds' Is Still The Best Multiplayer Map... « JJ2 related2017-11-19 20:13
:)
By: KRSplatinum, in: 'Facing Worlds' Is Still The Best Multiplayer Map... « JJ2 related2017-11-14 02:17
I forgot, the difference is that on JJ2 Facing Wor...

JJnet's forum

«Latest posts» «Latest threads» «Search» «User CP»

  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
     JJ2 competetive scene: trustworthy? | [q]2012-01-17 15:59
Vegito
CCavatar
JJnet user

Posts: 387
30
Hi all,

I wish to give you guys some information that may alter the entire jj2 competetive scene.
First, no, and I mean no game which is played at the ladder is trustworthy anymore. Every game may have someone playing with radar and it isn't traceable.

Now players may be wondering why in the world I would state such thing. First of all, I got my hands on Radar v2 today. I know exactly what is possible now. The levellist this radar version works on: Semi, JE, BBlair, BBswing, silwi, Gauntlet, Epitome, FF, WW, Distopia, super, TCS, DW and Zaitox.

I can test it out with you guys if you want, I dont care. I can give all information by just checking radar basically. I even know everybodies health.

Ah, I also dont need teamchat anymore because I know when my flagcarrier is low and I know when to shout "S" because I can see enemy flagcarrier getting 1. All automatically.

Now I cannot tell how long this has been around already, I just know from a source he's been given a couple of untraceable Radar versions already.

I'll be able to show screenshots and I will be able to give evidence of everything I am stating. You can come visit me at my house and I'll show you everything (of radar *cough*) for that matter.

Either way, laddering me is probably not gonna happen now anymore and I am aware of that. But I just wish players to know what is actually possible at jj2 and what you're dealing with. I also wish to get a discussion going and for someone to finally make whatever program that detects cheating - may if even be a program everybody has to use locally. That said, that'll probably be bypassable too so I might as well not play anything competetive at all anymore.

Enjoy.

Coders perhaps go here instead of reading this spam.
(This post has been helpful to 1 of the forumers.)
Replies
Toni
CC
avatar
JJnet user
Posts: 437
34
#126 | [q]2012-01-17 19:49
Quote:
CC - Veđito jojjan and fofel could probaly beat the crap out of any team in the whole game. i dont see why they would use some shit to power up their flawless skills even more. They do seem to have better things to do, no?


You forgot that I can pwn too? emo FU emo

Quote:
This thread is about you ruining the ladder system, and WE thinking/discussing how to fix it.


It's not about ruining ladder system..... it's about ruining JJ2 entirely itself. LOL! Can't believe you missed the whole point...

wKtK
avatar

Webmaster
Posts: 707
121
#127 | [q]2012-01-17 19:54
Quote:
It's not about ruining ladder system..... it's about ruining JJ2 entirely itself. LOL! Can't believe you missed the whole point...

Well, It's mostly this community.
Though you may be true that this is bigger than the ladders only, I don't think random ppl in The Server or Zeal Beta will mind that much.
But yeah, I guess I didn't want to say too much there, so I only said laddersystem. It is, However, bigger than that so you're right emo


Nostalgia warning, well, at least if you're one of those ppl...
Ana
rabbit

JJnet user
Posts: 200
17
#128 | [q]2012-01-17 19:55
JJ2 will not be ruined bec of some idiot. Imo ,the best solution until an anti-cheat is created, is to play jj2 with the people u trust. There are still many trustworthy players who make this game enjoyable.
Jake
NF
avatar
JJnet user
Posts: 99
4
#129 | [q]2012-01-17 19:57
Who wants to throw the first stone?
Code:
SELECT ip FROM zstats WHERE pname='Artem'

Code:
91.144.177.91

Code:
91.144.177.91 Whois
Contact Email

Whois Data
NetRange: 91.0.0.0 - 91.255.255.255
CIDR: 91.0.0.0/8
OriginAS:
NetName: 91-RIPE
NetHandle: NET-91-0-0-0-1
Parent:
NetType: Allocated to RIPE NCC
Comment: These addresses have been further assigned to users in
Comment: the RIPE NCC region. Contact information can be found in
Comment: the RIPE database at http://www.ripe.net/whois
RegDate: 2005-06-30
Updated: 2009-05-18
Ref: http://whois.arin.net/rest/net/NET-91-0-0-0-1

OrgName: RIPE Network Coordination Centre
OrgId: RIPE
Address: P.O. Box 10096
City: Amsterdam
StateProv:
PostalCode: 1001EB
Country: NL
RegDate:
Updated: 2011-09-24
Ref: http://whois.arin.net/rest/org/RIPE

ReferralServer: whois://whois.ripe.net:43

OrgAbuseHandle: RNO29-ARIN
OrgAbuseName: RIPE NCC Operations
OrgAbusePhone: +31 20 535 4444
OrgAbuseEmail:
OrgAbuseRef: http://whois.arin.net/rest/poc/RNO29-ARIN

OrgTechHandle: RNO29-ARIN
OrgTechName: RIPE NCC Operations
OrgTechPhone: +31 20 535 4444
OrgTechEmail:
OrgTechRef: http://whois.arin.net/rest/poc/RNO29-ARIN
GLaDOS
aEs
avatar
JJnet user
Posts: 122
28
#130 | [q]2012-01-17 20:02
Well, I'm getting the feeling that the community is pressuring me to make this program. I've been spammed with MSN messages from several people, I'm being told to hurry up, which means I would have to neglect school for this project. Keep in mind that I do not get anything in return for this, that I'm writing a game I'm planning to sell later on, and that I am not a very active member of this community. I don't have to do this, yet I'm the one having been mentioned by everyone already even before I knew about this.

I doubt that I'm the only competent coder of this community. The last time I've written any program for JJ2 was years ago. In order to make this program completely fail-safe, a great deal of time would have to be put into it. While I do have the necessary time, the way I'm being commanded to do it, and the fact that there is no benefit for me from writing the project discourages and demotivates me from doing so. I have better things to do, such as learning for school, working on my own game or spending more time with friends, and I don't feel like I've got much of a connection to the community or mean anything to it outside of my clan, aEs. The only reason I'm still here is because of said clan and the fact that I have friends there, and they need me for playing ladder matches; yet I'm getting as much attention as if I was the only last hope for JJ2 while being treated more or less like a "coding slave".

I'm starting to understand why blur doesn't show up anymore. He probably found himself in a similar situation, albeit with far more of an impact than this one.
(This post has been helpful to 2 of the forumers.)
DarkLight
CC
avatar
JJnet user
Posts: 83
6
#131 | [q]2012-01-17 20:05
i think that i've got a good idea. i mean, someone could make a program which will kick someone out of the server with a (RADAR) reason. oO' it's just like with using shield etc. you automatically get kicked out. don't you think it's too much work with your idea, guys? emo
Vegito
CC
avatar
JJnet user
Posts: 387
30
#132 | [q]2012-01-17 20:05
And for far longer. I wonder who are stupid enough to put pressure on you like that though, lol.
MasterSven
[CDF]
avatar
JJnet user
Posts: 376
41
#133 | [q]2012-01-17 20:11
Anyway people shouldn't stress out that much. JJ2 has been dealing with cheating issues since its existance and this event is not one of the worst ones imo.
And DL, people are trying to find solutions which will still help if the program will be adjusted, which wont be the case when autokicking someone using a paticular (version of a) pogram.
(This post has been helpful to 1 of the forumers.)
DarkLight
CC
avatar
JJnet user
Posts: 83
6
#134 | [q]2012-01-17 20:13
wtf Veg? >[
MasterSven
[CDF]
avatar
JJnet user
Posts: 376
41
#135 | [q]2012-01-17 20:14
Veg is talking to glados.
Vegito
CC
avatar
JJnet user
Posts: 387
30
#136 | [q]2012-01-17 20:15
Indeed, and anyway Glados, you can block people that are disturbing. :p
Lithium
aEs
avatar
Moderator
Posts: 1757
107
#137 | [q]2012-01-17 20:15
It's hard to do so when almost the entire community spams him, though.


I'm a jj.net/forum moderator - feel free to contact me if you have issues with the site or the forum.
__________________________
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.
MasterSven
[CDF]
avatar
JJnet user
Posts: 376
41
#138 | [q]2012-01-17 20:16
Put them all in a group and block it ^^
KRSplat
avatar

JJnet user
Posts: 189
15
#139 | [q]2012-01-17 20:16
yOU said you design in C++, which I'll study during the upcoming college semester- allowing me time during which I potentially could assist you summer.

I mean: I don't have practice with this, so we don't know what we'd get from me in terms of bugginess, flexibility and consision.

[This's another time where I am willing to do as much as I realistically can, but am not learned enough to meet my own standards for this.]
Grytolle
avatar

JJnet admin
Posts: 844
87
#140 | [q]2012-01-17 20:17
Quote:
Well, I'm getting the feeling that the community is pressuring me to make this program. I've been spammed with MSN messages from several people, I'm being told to hurry up, which means I would have to neglect school for this project. Keep in mind that I do not get anything in return for this, that I'm writing a game I'm planning to sell later on, and that I am not a very active member of this community. I don't have to do this, yet I'm the one having been mentioned by everyone already even before I knew about this.

I doubt that I'm the only competent coder of this community. The last time I've written any program for JJ2 was years ago. In order to make this program completely fail-safe, a great deal of time would have to be put into it. While I do have the necessary time, the way I'm being commanded to do it, and the fact that there is no benefit for me from writing the project discourages and demotivates me from doing so. I have better things to do, such as learning for school, working on my own game or spending more time with friends, and I don't feel like I've got much of a connection to the community or mean anything to it outside of my clan, aEs. The only reason I'm still here is because of said clan and the fact that I have friends there, and they need me for playing ladder matches; yet I'm getting as much attention as if I was the only last hope for JJ2 while being treated more or less like a "coding slave".

I'm starting to understand why blur doesn't show up anymore. He probably found himself in a similar situation, albeit with far more of an impact than this one.

I doubt that's why blur left. I have no idea who's been pressuring you on msn suddenly... I talked to you today, you said you didn't really have the time, so I told you that wktk seemed interested so maybe you could have a chat with him if you can find the time. If that somehow made you feel like a coding slave, I'm very sorry emo
wKtK
avatar

Webmaster
Posts: 707
121
#141 | [q]2012-01-17 20:17
JJ.net Used emo!
It's super effective!
GLaDOS (almost) Fainted!
*happy music*
*exp point GET*


Nostalgia warning, well, at least if you're one of those ppl...
DarkLight
CC
avatar
JJnet user
Posts: 83
6
#142 | [q]2012-01-17 20:18
@MS, i know mby..? i told my idea and i'm like WHATEVAH about it all. talk to Artem, maybe he could do it. he made that evil radar so..?
Vegito
CC
avatar
JJnet user
Posts: 387
30
#143 | [q]2012-01-17 20:20
DL: All ideas that have been suggested already. Anyway wKtK: achievement!
DarkLight
CC
avatar
JJnet user
Posts: 83
6
#144 | [q]2012-01-17 20:22
Xddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
still funny
MasterSven
[CDF]
avatar
JJnet user
Posts: 376
41
#145 | [q]2012-01-17 20:23
WTF DL >[
GLaDOS
aEs
avatar
JJnet user
Posts: 122
28
#146 | [q]2012-01-17 20:26
It wasn't you, Grytolle, it was the fact that ~8 people talked to me about the same topic at once; I just closed the chat windows without replying for half of them. One person notifying me of the situation would be have been enough already, but instead I get messages from the whole community and get told to hurry up by some of them [not going to call names here].
As I said, I don't have any motivation for this project, whether it's 1 person asking me to do it or half the ladder community telling me to hurry up doesn't make a difference for me, I don't get anything from it aside from the ability to get pwned terribly (and legitimately!) in ladders in this buggy old game.
DarkLight
CC
avatar
JJnet user
Posts: 83
6
#147 | [q]2012-01-17 20:30
Xddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
still funny
wKtK
avatar

Webmaster
Posts: 707
121
#148 | [q]2012-01-17 20:34
Quote:
Anyway wKtK: achievement!


emo (probably missed the joke as always)


Nostalgia warning, well, at least if you're one of those ppl...
Grytolle
avatar

JJnet admin
Posts: 844
87
#149 | [q]2012-01-17 20:34
Quote:
It wasn't you, Grytolle, it was the fact that ~8 people talked to me about the same topic at once; I just closed the chat windows without replying for half of them. One person notifying me of the situation would be have been enough already, but instead I get messages from the whole community and get told to hurry up by some of them [not going to call names here].
As I said, I don't have any motivation for this project, whether it's 1 person asking me to do it or half the ladder community telling me to hurry up doesn't make a difference for me, I don't get anything from it aside from the ability to get pwned terribly (and legitimately!) in ladders in this buggy old game.

Take it from me: it's fine. No one's blaming you. As long as you don't get pay, no one can demand anything from you. Everyone was just a bit panicked and decided to take matters into their own hands by talking to you. I'm sure they realize where you're coming from with your post.

That said, you're willing to do it, wktk? You can ofc come to the rest of us for advice and help, but you know that alreadt. emo
wKtK
avatar

Webmaster
Posts: 707
121
#150 | [q]2012-01-17 20:49
Quote:
That said, you're willing to do it, wktk?


Well, It's going to be a big project so I don't know yet if I can handle it.
However, I'll think it through until tomorrow, when my last schoolday ends.

It's not like I don't want to help this community, no, far from that, but idk If I, with my current schedule and college will be able to bring a fruitfull result.
I almost never find a project too hard, but I tend to lack time for big projects.

I WILL seriously considr this, and try to get GLaDOS speaking about that VB RProcMem detector thingamajig he talked about emo.
I was already planning on an anticheat, only it had a very low priority. Maybe I'll push it to the front of the row...

Anyway, I wish the best to this community and hope It will stay alive.

GL Guys! emo


Nostalgia warning, well, at least if you're one of those ppl...
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12