-=-
Menu
Tournaments
Profile
Poll
Latest videos
Latest comments
2019-09-16: "CDF in, vetoes ..." -Laro24
2019-09-15: "GG lads ..." -GrytmasternCC
2019-09-15: "-t3> in." -Vivando
2019-09-15: "no scam" -Vivando
2019-09-15: "After a dozens ..." -Krzysiek
2019-09-15: "Postponed to a ..." -Vivando
2019-09-13: " ..." -Vivando
2019-09-13: "I should be abl..." -Loon
2019-09-09: "weirdchamp ..." -ThunDer
2019-09-08: " ..." -batata
2019-09-08: "GG guys ..." -GrytmasternCC
2019-09-07: "hm, i should sa..." -Loon
Latest matches
flag -t3> [13:05] [GpW]flag
flag CX [17:18] -t3>flag
flag [CDF] [13:10] CCflag
flag [GpW] [05:03] [CDF]flag
flag CX [13:03] [CDF]flag
flag CX [08:07] [CDF]flag
flag [GpW] [09:03] [CDF]flag
flag [GpW] [13:00] [CDF]flag
flag [CDF] [05:04] CXflag
flag CX [14:01] [CDF]flag
Latest forum posts
By: Toni, in: What JJ2 level title best describes your sex life?JJ2 related 2019-09-08 01:11
Underrated Paradise
By: DanZeal, in: Funniest moments!Forum games 2019-09-07 20:02
[20:00:05] DannyZ[CDF]: Jag var i Finland tidigare...
By: SirEmentaler, in: What JJ2 level title best describes your sex life?JJ2 related 2019-08-21 20:45
I just wanted to say this topic was inspired by a ...
By: Slaz, in: What JJ2 level title best describes your sex life?JJ2 related 2019-08-20 14:13
ELEKTREK PYRAMID :dizzy:
By: PurpleJazz, in: What JJ2 level title best describes your sex life?JJ2 related 2019-08-19 06:44
15 Second Rush
More...!

JJnet's forum

«Latest posts» «Latest threads» «Search» «User CP»

     Normal match rules | [q] 2011-07-14 14:18
Lithium
aEsavatar
JJnet user

Posts: 1758
107
§2 The default game mode is capture the flag, but Team Battle or Domination may be played if both clans agree; exact server settings are defined below.

Allowed gamemodes
The CTF ladder is only meant for CTF.
The Team Battle ladder is only meant for... Team Battle.


Does this need editing? According to the first rule we're allowed to play TB and Dom in the CTF league.


We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.
Replies
Lithium
aEs
avatar
JJnet user
Posts: 1758
107
#1 | [q]2011-07-14 14:21
§4 The match must be 2on2 or bigger. The actual player amount is up to the clans to choose.

Same issue as the CW rule,basically 10v2 matches are allowed.

§8 No spectators are allowed, unless the clans agree otherwise.

§9 When all players are ready, confirm using the spectating feature that they all stand at base, then do /nomovement on. After this, you ask the teams if they are ready to begin (eventhough they all have ammo, they might still want to discuss tactics for yet some minut). When both teams have said that they are ready, you use /cstart to start the game.


A bit unclear. Who's going to confirm if spectators are not allowed?


We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.
Grytolle
avatar

JJnet admin
Posts: 847
87
#2 | [q]2011-07-14 15:03
Quote:
§2 The default game mode is capture the flag, but Team Battle or Domination may be played if both clans agree; exact server settings are defined below.

Allowed gamemodes
The CTF ladder is only meant for CTF.
The Team Battle ladder is only meant for... Team Battle.


Does this need editing? According to the first rule we're allowed to play TB and Dom in the CTF league.

Yes, the first rule is outdated. I am not sure whether Domination is still allowed anymore though
Grytolle
avatar

JJnet admin
Posts: 847
87
#3 | [q]2011-07-14 15:06
Quote:
§4 The match must be 2on2 or bigger. The actual player amount is up to the clans to choose.

Same issue as the CW rule,basically 10v2 matches are allowed.

Yes, if both teams agree. You aren't forced to play ladder matches unless you want to, so that isn't much of an issue in my opinion. You are, however, forced to continue or forfeit games that have been started

Quote:
§8 No spectators are allowed, unless the clans agree otherwise.

§9 When all players are ready, confirm using the spectating feature that they all stand at base, then do /nomovement on. After this, you ask the teams if they are ready to begin (eventhough they all have ammo, they might still want to discuss tactics for yet some minut). When both teams have said that they are ready, you use /cstart to start the game.


A bit unclear. Who's going to confirm if spectators are not allowed?

§9 applies to referees, but that should be made more clear indeed. It should also be made clear that the referee doesn't count as a (normal) spectator
DanZeal
[CDF]
avatar
JJnet admin
Posts: 283
15
#4 | [q]2011-07-14 15:14
Quote:
§2 The default game mode is capture the flag, but Team Battle or Domination may be played if both clans agree; exact server settings are defined below.


My fault.
Fixed. So Domination is not allowed atm.


"The myth that women should not lift heavy is advanced only by women who fear effort and men who fear women." -Eric Midkiff
Lithium
aEs
avatar
JJnet user
Posts: 1758
107
#5 | [q]2011-07-14 15:46
Quote:
§9 applies to referees, but that should be made more clear indeed. It should also be made clear that the referee doesn't count as a (normal) spectator


It is specified in the CW rules,that the jj.net crew can spectate these matches,do that in the normal rules too.


We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.
Lithium
aEs
avatar
JJnet user
Posts: 1758
107
#6 | [q]2011-08-21 12:16
Another question: Will DOM ever be allowed again?


We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.
Lithium
aEs
avatar
JJnet user
Posts: 1758
107
#7 | [q]2011-09-30 12:10
Sorry for triple posting, but I got another question related to rules: What's with 3v3 only maps? Does that mean people are not allowed to use them in 2v2 ladders? If so, make it clear in normal match rules.


We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.
Lithium
aEs
avatar
JJnet user
Posts: 1758
107
#8 | [q]2011-11-22 09:14
http://www.jazzjackrabbit.net/index.php?league=1&season=1&op=descr&id=1655

Make this more clear, please. I want to know we lost a point because of a rule, not because of biased people.


We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.
Grytolle
avatar

JJnet admin
Posts: 847
87
#9 | [q]2011-11-22 10:47
Most of the edits have been made now.

Note this quote regarding your bias suspicion:

Quote:
Yes, if both teams agree. You aren't forced to play ladder matches unless you want to, so that isn't much of an issue in my opinion. You are, however, forced to continue or forfeit games that have been started
Lithium
aEs
avatar
JJnet user
Posts: 1758
107
#10 | [q]2011-11-22 11:07
Or the teams can agree to submit the game as it is?


We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.
Vegito
CC
avatar
JJnet user
Posts: 398
31
#11 | [q]2011-11-22 11:25
That option risks getting abused emo

(And no, its not others being biased, it is your clan involved so you're trying to protect your clan instead.. CC forfeited 2 matches in a row not long ago in fact and nobody complained either huh?)
Grytolle
avatar

JJnet admin
Posts: 847
87
#12 | [q]2011-11-22 11:44
Quote:
Or the teams can agree to submit the game as it is?

Clarified.

In short: The forfeiting team is completely at the mercy of the opponents.
Lithium
aEs
avatar
JJnet user
Posts: 1758
107
#13 | [q]2011-11-22 11:44
gg


We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.